Tuesday, June 8, 2010

六月八日(rokugatsu yoka): June 8

It was slightly raining when I left home today and I brought a long umbrella, but I did not have a chance to use it.
There is a rainy season in Japan, therefore there are a variety of umbrellas, long or folding, and rain goods such as rain coat or rain shoes. When I was looking for an umbrella in the US, I could not find such variety. Therefore I thought a folding umbrella would be a nice souvenir.

Today the new ministry was established. The new Kan Cabinet (菅内閣: kan naikaku) is called Kiheitai naikaku (奇兵隊内閣). Kiheitai is one of the Irregular Militia raised by Choshu (長州) domain during the Bakumatsu (幕末) period of Japan.
There are 11 ministers who are reappointed. 5 new ministers entered the Cabinet. The youngest is 42 years old mother of twin who used to be an anchor. The oldest is 73 years old.
I have been watching the recorded press conference of each minister.

No comments:

Post a Comment