Wednesday, June 23, 2010

六月二十三日(rokugatsu nijyusan nichi): June 23

From today I am staying at the same hotel as last week again. When I checked in last week, the room smelled of smoking. So I asked to change the room. Today again when I entered the room, it smelled. I asked the front desk to change the room, but non-smoking room was full and I could not change the room at that time.
In the night when I tried to use Internet, I could not, so I called the front desk again to check. After a while, they did not know the reason and decided to change the room. But before changing, they noticed that all the server of the hotel was down and they called the telephone company to reset.
I brought two computers. One for work the other for myself. After finishing using the work computer, I could not connect Internet from my PC. So I called the font desk again to check.
They did not know why I could not connect and offered me to change the room. So I changed and tried to connect but could not. We did not know why. After some minutes struggling, they find the reason. So I am using my PC now.
There is a saying nido aru koto wa sando aru (二度あることは三度ある), which means what happened twice tends to happen again. This is often used for bad things to draw attention.
There is another saying, sando me no shojiki (三度目の正直), which means the third is the charm.
Which do you believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment