Saturday, June 26, 2010

六月二十六日(rokugatsu nijyuroku nichi): June 26

Yesterday I went to see the Photo Exhibition titled "Voice of the Earth is heard - Looking at the Precious Biological Diversity : Koichi Fujiwara: Selection of Environmental Photographs" (『藤原幸一・環境写真セレクション』 地球の声が聞こえる -かけがえのない 生物多様性を見つめてー). It is the partnership project of Aichi-Nagoya COP10 Convention on Biological Diversity 2010 and it is a traveling photo exhibition of Bird Life Asia.
I met Mr. Fujiwara when I joined the optional tour to go to the Antarctic from the 44th Peace Boat Cruise in February 2004 for the first time. He sent me the invitation of this exhibition the other day and I went to see the pictures at the Meiji Jingu (明治神宮), Meiji Shrine in Tokyo.
This exhibition will be held in 6 shrines in Japan for a half year from May to October. There are many beautiful pictures, but some of them were rather shocking to see the bad human life hurt the animal lives.
After that I walked around the Meiji Shrine, where I used to visit on New Year's Week when I was a university student. This was the first time I visited by myself.
Now Meiji Jingu is one of the most popular places to have a power spot, and many people visit there. 1000 tickets to be able to visit there has already given away in the morning only, and I could not see the place. Maybe someday I hope to see the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment