Sunday, June 13, 2010

六月十三日(rokugatsu jyusan nichi): June 13

I like isseki nicho (一石二鳥), literally one stone two birds, meaning to kill two birds with one stone. Today I went to the optician to ask the repair for my father's eyeglasses.
After that I went to see two movies. One is koko no mesu (孤高のメス), meaning "The aloof knife." The other is Flowers. Both are Japanese movies. Koko no mesu is a story of a surgeon dealing with the organ transplant. The original was manga (漫画), comic appeared for 4 years since 1989. It was sold for 700,000 copies. In 2005 it was made to a novel. The movie was released on June 5, and for just two days more than 62,263 people watched in the 256 theaters in Japan. I did not know about these facts but just went to see the movie. There are many people in the theater. And it was a very good one.
The other one was released yesterday. It was a story of 6 women of three generations. It was a larger theater but there were fewer people there.
I like the former better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment