Thursday, June 3, 2010

六月三日(rokugatsu mikka): June 3

It was very fine and hot today.
In the morning I had an appointment at the Edo-Tokyo Museum (東京江戸博物館) in Ryogoku (両国) and went there. It is a very big museum. Please check the following site.

http://www.edo-tokyo-museum.or.jp/english/

Edo (江戸) is the former name of Tokyo (東京). Ryogoku is very famous for sumo (相撲) and there is a big sumo hall called Ryogoku Kokugikan (両国国技館).

After the meeting, I had lunch at a restaurant near the station. I was surprised to see a sumo wrestling ring called dohyo (土俵) inside the restaurant. I asked them if there is the match there or not. They said they have a special show called sumo jinku(相撲甚句) in the every evenings of Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 7:00. The special dish for sumo wrestlers are called chanko nabe (ちゃんこ鍋), one pot dish.  But I didn't eat it there. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment