Tuesday, June 29, 2010

六月二十九日(rokugatsu nijyuku nichi): June 29

I happened to see my student today whom I taught so many years ago soon after I graduated from the university. He is autistic. I had never seen autistic until that time. I did not know how to deal with those students at that time because my major was not special education but international relations. But we've spent for 3 years. There are so many memories. The most impressive thing was we ran every day. For the first month for 1km each, in the second month for 2km each, in the third month for 3km each, in the fourth month for 4km each, in the fifth month for 5km each, and we participated in the Miura International Marathon Race for 5km in all the class. Though I do not like running, but we could feel the sense of achievement.
I am glad to know that he and his mother are fine and that he still remembers me.
The job of teachers is sometimes very difficult. The results of efforts won't come out soon. But after many years they may be rewarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment