Thursday, September 1, 2016

2016.9.1

A new month has started. September is kugatsu (9月), the ninth month in Japanese. Its old name is nagatsuki (長月), the long month. What is long? It is night. They say it is from yonaga tsuki (夜長月), literally night long month.

Tonight is a new moon. They say it is good to write wishes on the day of the new moon within 8 hours from its appearance (18:04). 

Today is a triple day. What is it? It is a day when the day, the month, and the year of rhythm color is the same. It only happens a few times in a year.  For me it is yellow which is the time to start something which determines the next 10 years of life.

I went to the nearby shrine this morning. I used to do it on the first day and the 15th day of month. However since my father passed away last August I have refrained visiting. It's been more than one year. So I start that custom again.
And I will try writing my wishes on the new moon day and full moon day as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment