Thursday, September 22, 2016

2016.9.22

It is a national holiday called Shubun no hi (秋分の日), Autumn equinox day. This is also called Higan no chunichi (彼岸の中日), middle of equinoctial week.

There is a saying "Atsusa samusa mo higan made (暑さ寒さも彼岸まで), " which means "Neither summer heat nor winter cold last after the equinox. "

It was heavily raining this morning and it was rather cold. 

In the afternoon it stopped raining and I went to my parents' graveyard. There I happened to see one of my  students.
During equinox week Japanese people usually visit the family graveyard.

After that I went to the beauty shop to have my hair cut and perm. It took about two hours.
My beautician has confidence in my new style. Here are pictures of before and after. What do you think?

It was slightly raining when I left there.

No comments:

Post a Comment