Sunday, August 7, 2016

2016.8.7

It was fine and very hot.

Today was risshu(立秋), one of nijyushisekki (二十四節気), the 24 solar terms. The last one was taisho (大暑) on July 22, and the next one is shosho (処暑) on August 23. Risshu literally means stand autumn, but actually the first day of autumn. Therefore the greeting message at this time is already "Zansho omimai moshi agemasu (残暑お見舞い申し上げます)" instead of "Shochu omimai moshi agemasu (暑中お見舞い申し上げます). " On the calendar though it is already autumn, it was really hot today.

In the morning I went to Kimono-style Miya to have my new kimono pictures taken.  This is called Shagin(紗銀)"which has silver thread woven, and I chose yellow, which is my rythm color of this year and this month to dye. Because of silver thread, it looks gold and very gorgeous.  I liked it very much.

In the afternoon, I went to Meguro to attend a seminar, and tea party at Ebisu with travel lovers.

After that I went to Aqua Park in Shinagawa to meet my ex-colleague. Entrance fee is yen 2200, and after 5 pm it became yen 1800, but I bought an annual pass for yen 4200 because if I come more than twice, it is worth having it. The dolphine show with projection mapping was very nice. It is open until 10 pm, and I can come back as many times as I like for a year, so I hope to come back as much as possible.

On my way to come home, I happened to see my Yoga instructor after three years or so.

It was a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment