Monday, January 9, 2017

2017.1.9

It was rainy and cold in the morning but stopped raining in the afternoon.

It is a national holiday called Seijin no hi (成人の日), Coming of Age Day. In Japan being 20 years old is becoming adult officially.  They say there are 1,230,000 new adults this year (which is about 20,000 more than last year) celebrating their being 20. Congratulations!

I slept long to recover from the long trip, and did many things today.

I went to the nearby shrine for Hatsumode (初詣), the first visit, went to the car dealer to receive the renewed certificate and some new year's gifts, and went shopping.

Fortunately the postman delivered all the mails which I asked the Post Office to keep until I return from the USA.
I thought they would be delivered tomorrow. So it was a nice surprise.
I enjoyed many interesting new year's cards.
Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment