Sunday, February 21, 2016

2016.2.21

It was fine.

I went to the Kimono-style Miya to have my pictures taken. The background was hinaningyo (雛人形), which is the dolls' decoration for Girl's Festival on March 3.

There were seven steps which is called sichidan kazari or nanadan kazari (七段飾り). On the top there are prince and princess called odairi sama (お内裏様) and ohina sama (お雛様), or obina(男雛) and mebina(女雛). On the second shelf there are three women attend to them called sannin kanjo (三人官女).  On the third shelf there are five musical bands called gonin bayashi (五人囃子). On the fourth shelf there are two zuijin (随身) who protect the palace like knights.  On the fifth shelf there are three followers called jicho (仕丁). One of them tends to cry, the other to laugh, and another to scold after drinking. They are called nakijyogo (泣き上戸), waraijyogo (笑い上戸), and okorijyogo (怒り上戸) respectively.  This means parents want their daughters to grow with rich expressions. The red cloth under the dolls is called himosen (緋毛氈). They say the color red has power to drive away evil spirit.

I changed to another kimono and went to crab luncheon in Ofuna. It's been a long time since I went there last. The station was changed a lot and I was so surprised. Lunch was very nice.

I went back to Miya and have my pictures taken again.

After coming back,  I went to grocery shopping.

It was a nice day.

I

No comments:

Post a Comment