Friday, February 12, 2016

2016.2.12

It was cloudy.

I took a day off to attend a monthly meeting in the morning and afternoon in Yokohama.
There were two hours lunch break. So I went to a bank. I have had an account in Citibank since 1996 but it became a new bank last November, so I have been wondering what I should do with the cash card and credit card.
Usually banks in Japan open from 9 am to 3 pm.  Therefore it is rather difficult to visit because there is no branch near my working place.  So I decided to visit  today. 
After all the current card will be valid as long as it works. There are Citibanks around the world, so I think it is better to keep it. Therefore I did not make the new one. 
It took longer than expected, and I did not have time to eat lunch.

After the afternoon session, I  went to the Kimono Style Miya. I was surprised to hear about the change of the fashion festival in Paris. Because of the terrorism last year, the venue will be in Italy instead of Paris, and they won't have the fashion festival like the one we had in Kyoto in October.  And the date was also changed.
I am not sure what I will be doing at that time, but I hope I can join to introduce Japanese culture to people living there.

At night I had a reunion of JOI coordinators in Shinjuku.  It is the 15th anniversary this year and 8 coordinators from 1st year to 13th year and 5 administrators from Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership and The Laurasian Institution got together. I only knew three people but since we have the same kind of experiences I enjoyed meeting them. I was very surprised to hear about their foreign experiences.
I am glad to give my book to the person in charge finally, and met 1st and 4th coordinators after 10 years or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment