Thursday, March 25, 2010

三月二十五日(sangatsu nijyugo nichi) : March 25

It was very cold with rain today. There were many graduation ceremonies here and there today. Many women college students wear the traditional Japanese costume called hakama (袴), others usually wear suits. And usually there will be a thanksgiving party to teachers called shaon kai (謝恩会). I don't remember well if I had shaon kai when I graduated from the primary and secondary schools. But I had the one at the famous hotel in Tokyo when I graduated from the university. Usually parents attend the graduation ceremony but not to the party.
I have never attended the graduation ceremonies in other countries, but from the movies or experiences of my foreign friends it seems not only parents but also all the family get together and attend the ceremony. Is that true? Please tell me about the graduation ceremonies in your country.

No comments:

Post a Comment