Saturday, March 20, 2010

三月二十日(sangatsu hatsuka): March 20

Today is the beginning of the three day weekend.
I went to the meetings in the morning and in the afternoon, and got to know some people, which is nice.

In the evening three of my friends from high school and I got together after a long time, maybe 6 years? We went to izakaya (居酒屋), it is a kind of bar where we can eat and drink. Nowadays the coupon is very popular. Before going to the restaurants or bar, we check the free coupon books or Internet and get the coupon. Today there were three choice, one is yen 2,000 off from the total, the other is 20% off from the total, and another was 50% off from the drink menu. This was the first time for me to choose one of them. When we checked out, we asked the best way and they offered the 50% off from the beverage.
There are two ways to order, one is to ask the waiters directly, and the other is to use the touch panel of PC. Before going to the USA in 2006, I have never seen the latter one. So when I went to the izakaya for the first time after coming back, I was so surprised about the innovation. But my friends from the local area said she had never seen this before, therefore this system is only popular in the urban area for now.
Anyway we saved more than yen 3,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment