Tuesday, March 16, 2010

三月十六日(sangatsu jyuroku nichi): March 16

They say March 16 is the anniversary of the designation of the first national parks. On March 16, 1934 the first three places were designated as the national parks in Japan. They were Setonaikai (瀬戸内海), Unzen (雲仙):now Unzen Amakusa(雲仙天草), and Kirishima (霧島): now Kirishima yaku(霧島屋久). They are the representatives of natural beauty spots in Japan.
There are 29 national parks now. The total area is 2,080,000 ha which is about 5.5% of all Japan land area. I think I have visited about half of them so I hope to visit the rest of them.

In the north American continent, the things I really like is national parks. Canadian Rockies, Banff, Jasper, Denali, Mount Rainier, Olympic, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Kings Canyon, Arches, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Great Smokey Mountains, and Everglades....
They say there are 51 national parks in the USA. One of my friend from high school who had lived in the USA for several years have traveled to all of them. I hope I can visit all of them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment