Friday, September 21, 2012

2012.9.20

It was another hot day.
My colleagues and I went out for lunch at a Japanese restaurant.  There were 7 of us.  When I called there to book, all of the private rooms were occupied and I could only book the table for 7 in a big Japanese room.  However when we got there, the guests just finished their lunch and came out from the big private room where there are tables with horigotatsu (掘りごたつ), where you can sit like chair from the floor because the space is open for feet.  So I felt we were lucky.
Four of us were Indonesian interpreters. I asked them why they decided to study Indonesian.  To my surprise their major at the university was not Indonesian, but after going there by traveling or working they started studying Indonesian.  I heard very interesting customs there.
When we left, the owner gave me some grapefruits.  He is always very kind to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment