Saturday, September 15, 2012

2012.9.14

It was hot again.
After work I went to the Spanish restaurant in Shibuya (渋谷) to meet one of my friends from university.  It's been 10 years since we met last in Spain.  We studied Spanish together and took the same seminar for the graduation thesis when we were university students.  Our counselor was a Spanish language professor who was born in Peru and had worked at the Spanish Embassy in Japan and established Spanish schools in Tokyo.  Unfortunately he passed away while I was in Florida in 2007 and I missed his funeral.
We ate very delicious Spanish course dinner.  My friend has lived in Mexico for 4 years and a half and Spain for 3 years and a half and now teaches Spanish at several universities.  In Spain Thursday seems day for Paella.  Does anybody know the reason why?
When I traveled around Morocco, they said Friday is day for couscous.  Do you have such special foods for special day of the week?  If so, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment