Sunday, September 23, 2012

2012.9.22

I arrived at Nagoya (名古屋) around 5:40 after stopping at two service areas. There are many local souvenirs there.
In Nagoya I went to take a bath which was included in the bus ticket fee. You do not have to bring anything there, I mean you can borrow every thing including towels, shampoo & rinse, body shampoo, face soap, dryer, tooth brush, lotion etc....  I liked there.  I think it is quite convenient for an overnight traveler.
Then I took train to Okazaki (岡崎) to meet my cousin and had breakfast.  Breakfast in Aichi (愛知) is very famous. It is called "Morning."  They usually serve toasted bread, small salad, boiled egg, dessert, and drink for the cost of only drink.  It is quite generous.
It's been about a year since I saw her last.  Then we went to my aunt's house to have a memorial service for another cousin who passed away last year.  After that all the participants had lunch together. 
Then I went to see my friends in Nagoya again.  We went to a Japanese style restaurant and enjoyed meeting, eating and chatting.  There I knew Mr. Akio Morita (盛田昭夫) , the founder of Sony Corporation, was born in the sake brewery.
I came back by Shinkansen Kodama (新幹線こだま) which stops at every station, so it takes longer than hikari (ひかり) or nozomi (のぞみ).  But I bought a ticket called puratto kodama (ぷらっとこだま) which is quite reasonable including one drink.  The non-smoking cars were all occupied, therefore I paid yen 1,000 extra charge and got the seat of green car ,which is the first class spacious seats.  I recommend you to use this plan when you travel around Japan.  It's cheaper than regular tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment