Monday, December 19, 2016

2016.12.19

It was fine.

I had free time in the morning so that I went to Softbank to ask about the problem of my phone. I can hear the voice but they can't hear my voice. It is a very frustrating phenomenon. They did not know the reason, and to repair I had to leave my phone there so I did not ask. Maybe it is the time to buy the new one.

From 1 pm there was a funeral of my aunt. Today there were a harp player and four priests.

After that we went to crematorium to burn her body. It took about an hour and a half.

There was the first seventh day service, but I did not attend and came back. 

The custom and manners of wedding and funeral differ by region.  Aichi prefecture is very famous for the gorgeous wedding.

We offer monetary gifts called koden (香典) for the departed soul. In my Kanto area if a person attends both awake and funeral, we only give one koden.
But in Aichi area they say they give three times for the first night, funeral, and the seventh day service.
Families offer flowers and fruits basket.  So it costs a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment