Thursday, November 3, 2016

2016.11.3

It was fine.

Today is a national holiday called Bunka no hi (文化の日), Culture Day.
Since I take a transferred holiday tomorrow, this is the beginning of four days off weekend.

First I went to Kimono-Style  Miya to see the special exhibition with my friend. There were many beautiful kimonos. One of the most attractive kimono costs more than 3 million yen. They say they are celebrating 100th anniversary at Oshima tsumugi factory. So they made a special roll of kimono and it costs more than 4 million yen. It was the feast of my eyes.

Then I went to Ginza (銀座) to visit 10 shrines out of 11, which are specially open to public from Nov. 1 to 3.  The first 2000 people to have visited all of 10 places were given a special prize.
But when I started around 2 pm, they have already more than 2000 visitors, and I did not have to rush.
Fortunately at three places I got a gift which was a surprise because I did not expect at all.

Then I went to Ryogoku (両国) to visit the Edo-Tokyo Museum where has a special exhibition of "Revisiting Seabold's Japan Museum. "
Seabolt was a German doctor who came to Japan in the late Edo period and introduced western medicine to Japan and introduced Japan,  Japanese culture, art, plants, and animals to Europe. This year is the 150th anniversary of his death and there was another exhibition in Ueno which I visited the other day.
I could not visit both exhibitions on the same day, and this exhibition will last until coming Sunday, so I decided to come today.
It costs yen 1,400 and the regular museum entrance fee is yen 600, but the joint ticket is yen 1,600, so I chose the joint ticket.
While I was looking at the exhibition, there was a VIP  delegation, but I did not know who they were.
Since today is Culture Day, they say there are many VIPs today at the museum.

At night I went to China Town in Yokohama for dinner and enjoyed 12 dishes full course dinner with my old friend.
There are some places lighten up, and they were very beautiful.

It was a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment