Monday, October 31, 2016

2016.10.31

Happy Halloween!

Trick or Treat? 

Did you get treats?

I did.

It was fine today.

In the afternoon I had a chance to listen to the lecture of  Professor Satoshi Omura(大村智), who is a winner of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine last year. The theme was "Unearthing Beneficial Microbial Compounds: Discovery, Development, International Partnership." He has discovered more than 500 new bioactive compounds. Among them he talked about the discoveries of Cerulenin, Staurosporine, Lactacystin, and Avermectin.

I do not understand professional matter, but I understood he loves his research and enjoys his work.

This is the second time for me to listen to the lecture by the winner of the Nobel Prize. First was by Dr. Leo Ezaki(江崎玲於奈) in 2005 in Aichi when there was Expo 2005. 

He and his wife were my VIPs of Expo 92 and I went to see him because I worked at Expo 2005 and was in Aichi.

This time I just saw him very close and listened to his lecture. But I am glad to do so because I have been looking forward to attending his lecture for half year.

No comments:

Post a Comment