Tuesday, May 14, 2013

2013.4.29

I flew from Bangkok to Siem Reap in the morning.  The man next to me was a Japanese.  He came with his colleagues.  They said they have come to Thailand for holidays for more than 20 times.
At the Siem Reap Airport I applied for the arrival VISA which cost $20 and needed a picture. 
From the guesthouse someone came to pick me up, but I was so surprised to see him because he came by motorbike though I have a suitcase.  He managed having it in front and we arrived at the guesthouse safe and sound.  I made this guesthouse's reservation by the recommendation of my friend who happened to stay there last year.  I think kuchikomi (口コミ), word-of-mouth is very important. 
In the evening I went to see the sunset at Phnom Bekheng and happened to see two Japanese girls. Since it is Golden Week in Japan, there are many Japanese people here and there.
At night I went to Apsara Dancing Show and Buffet for $9.  Good thing in Cambodia is you can use US dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment