Saturday, July 10, 2010

七月十日(shichigatsu toka): July 10


It was fine and very hot today. I went to Kamakura (鎌倉). It is a very history place with many famous temples and shrines. This time I visited the statue of the Great Buddha (大仏:daibutsu) and Tsurugaoka Hachimangu (鶴岡八幡宮) shrine. Please see the pictures.
Many Japanese are usually both Buddhist and Shintoist at the same time. Kamakura is a good place to see both religions, that is, to see temples for Buddhism and shrines for Shintoism.
Last time when I visited Kamakura was in March. At that time I went to see the fallen big Ginkgo Tree at the Tsurugaoka Hachimangu. But I could not see the remain at that time, but this time I saw the bottom of the tree and the transplanted branch.
There are many big lotus flowers at the ponds.
After a long walk I got suntan on my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment