Thursday, July 29, 2010

七月二十九日(shichigatsu nijyuku nichi) : July 29

It rained heavily. In the morning when I got on the train, the man near the door stood up. I like to sit on the corner or at the end of the seat, so I felt lucky and took that seat. But soon after that I found the reason why he gave up sitting there and stood up. The rain came in and he got wet. So I also decided not to sit that place and moved inside.
At night I heard the news say it rained a lot in many places in Japan and there were many damages too. In Hokkaido it rained 171.0 ml for 24 hours and it is the first in history. In Kochi it reached 319 ml for 24 hours by 11 AM of 29th which is also a record. Some rivers are overflowing here and there. Depends on the place people are advised to evacuate.
It is estimated to rain tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment