Thursday, July 15, 2010

七月十五日(shichigatsu jyugo nichi): July 15

I went to the Okuma Auditorium of Waseda University (早稲田大学:waseda daigaku) to attend the Symposium on Human Security. Human Security -Its History and Future- toward the achievement of the MDGs.
http://www.waseda-giari.jp/eng/events/307

It was the first time for me to enter the Okuma Auditorium. I sat on the chair on the 2nd floor, but I could see the stage well. Every seat is provided the channels of earphone for interpretation, the jack of the internet, and a folding table.
It was supposed to start at 1:30 pm and end at 5 pm but delayed a little bit.
To my surprise there were so many high school students too. How nice to have interest in international matters since young!
The reason why I attended this time was I am interested in one of the panelist, Ms. Sadako Ogata (緒方貞子) who is the chief director of JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency), and who used to be the high commissioner of UNHCR.

No comments:

Post a Comment