Monday, July 26, 2010

七月二十六日(shichigatsu nijyuroku nichi) : July 26


This morning from 6:30 till 7:45 I saw Daidaikagura (太々神楽) at Hokosha (宝光社), Shinto music and dance numbers offered to Gods. There are 10 parts in Daidaikagura, but I saw half of them.
After breakfast I went to the beautiful pond called Kagami ike (鏡池), literally mirror pond where you could see the upside down mountain in the face of the water. It was so beautiful. I saw a gold carp there.
I visited Hinomikosha and Iizuna daimyojin(飯縄大明神) too.
After lunch I visited Zenkoji(善光寺) temple too.
The weather has been very nice, but on my way back there were thounder storms, which reminded me of the weather in Florida.
I had a very nice vacation. I hope you can visit there too.
After coming back home late at night, I ate unagi (うなぎ), eel because today is doyo no ushi noshi (土用の丑の日), the ox day of dog days. On this day we are supposed to eat eel to get energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment