Sunday, May 16, 2010

五月十六日(gogatsu jyuroku nichi): May 16

I read an amazing article today. It is about the 16 years old Australian girl who sailed around the world by herself. This is the youngest record in the world that sailed around the world alone without any assistance.
She left Sydney on October 18 last year with a 10-meter long yacht. The 7 months sailing reached about 43,000 km. She has overcome the 12-hour storm and 12-meter waves many times. She ate instant foods, fished and baked a cake too.
She said "If you believe in your dream and make efforts for that, there is nothing that is impossilble."

I like traveling, and I often travel by myself, but sailing alone is quite different. I admire her.

Her name is Jessica Watoson. The following is her website.

http://www.jessicawatson.com.au/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment