Friday, May 7, 2010

五月七日(gogatsu nanoka) : May 7

It is the birthday eve for me. I wanted to go to Florida to spend my birthday but the sudden business schedule change made my plan different. So as an alternative, I decided to go to Ise (伊勢) this year.
To go to Ise, first I need to go to Nagoya (名古屋). There are some choices to go there, but I chose the night bus. Night bus is yako basu (夜行バス) in Japanese. It is the cheapest way. The most expensive way is to go there by shinkansen (新幹線:bullet train). It is a fast and comfortable way. However if I go there by shinkansen on Friday, I have to book the hotel room for the night, and if I go there on Saturday, I needed to wake up VERY early to get on the first train. First train is shihatsu densha (始発電車).
So to save some money and to be the most efficient, I decided to use the night bus. Depends on when you book, the fare varies. Since I booked rather earlier, I could get the very cheap ticket, about one third of that of shinkansen.
I rode on the bus from Shinjuku (新宿) at 11:20 PM. They provided a blanket, a pair of slippers and a pillow. There were many buses to go many places, and there were so many people going here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment