Tuesday, May 4, 2010

五月四日(gogatsu yokka): May 4

May 4 is a national holiday called midori no hi (みどりの日), Green Day. Green Day was used to be on April 29 from 1989 to 2006 when was used to be Showa Emperor's Birthday before that. Since 2007 it has been on May 4.
I went to see Alice in Wonderland yesterday, a Japanese movie titled "My Darling is a Foreigner(ダーリンは外国人:darlin wa gaikoku jin)" and an American movie "Up in the Air" today.
To see 3D movies we have to pay the extra charge for yen300. Usually a theater ticket costs yen1,800 for an adult, so in total it is yen 2,100. This was the second 3D movie after Avatar.
I really enjoyed two movies I watched today. The common thing between these two movies was there were interviews: one for regarding international marriage, the other for lay off.
The Japanese title of "Up in the Air" is "Mileage, My Life (マイレージマイライフ:mai reji mai raifu)." Here again there was the difference of translation. If the English title was used as it is, Japanese people would not have imagined what it is all about.
After the movie I went to see the Flamenco show which my friend from high school danced.
I enjoyed meeting friends today.

No comments:

Post a Comment