Tuesday, May 25, 2010

五月二十五日(gogatsu nijyugo nichi): May 25

Tonight I watched two tennis related news. One is Kei Nishikori's (錦織圭) first match at the French Open (Roland Garros 2010). He won by 3-2. First two sets he lost, but he turned the table. It's been 17 years since Japanese men's tennis player won the game at the French Open. Congratulations!
I used to play tennis when I was a high school student. But I have not played tennis for a long time. When I was in Florida, I had a chance to see Kei Nishikori's match with Blake in Delray Beach. He became a champion there at the age of 18 on Feb. 17, 2008. That was the most impressive event in my Florida life. After the game I went to see him downstairs and took some pictures with him. He is a very nice person and I have been his fan since that time.
The other was documentary about the Paralympic gold medalist Shingo Kunieda (国枝慎吾)'s effor to walk. He got hurt his spinal cord when he was young and has used a wheel chair since then. Last year he started the rehabilitation training to walk at the J-Workout. And after a severe training he could stand and walk after a long time. It was a wonderful news.

No comments:

Post a Comment