Saturday, May 8, 2010

五月八日(gogatsu yoka): May 8

Happy Birthday to Me!

I arrived at Nagoya (名古屋) around 6:20 am. I went to the hotel which I booked for the night to ask to keep my baggage during my trip to Ise and changed the clothings. I ate breakfast at the coffee shop (喫茶店: kissaten), though I do not drink coffee. There I ordered the morning set cost yen 580 because it was May 8 (58). Hahaha...
I got on the Kintetsu express train bound for Ise at 8:10am and arrived at Shimaisobe (志摩磯部) at 10:10am.
I have visited many places such as Amanoiwato (天の岩戸), Gegu (外宮), and Naigu (内宮). They are parts of Ise jingu (伊勢神宮), Ise Shrine, where is one of the most famous shrines in Japan.
The weather was fine and everywhere was so beautiful.
After that I went back to Nagoya to meet my old friends from the 44th Peace Boat cruise and had nice dinner. And after that I met another friend from Expo '92.
I had a very nice birthday.  
Thank you everyone those who thought of me and sent me gifts, messages, greeting cards and shared precious time on this special occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment