Saturday, April 17, 2010

四月十七日(shigatsu jyushichi nichi): April 17

It was another cold day. It's unusual at this time of the year.

I went to Shibuya (渋谷) to have dinner with my old friends from Expo 2005. It's been 5 years since the Expo, but it's been 2 years and a half since I saw them last time when I visited them in Venezuela. One of them lives in Japan, the other came to visit Japan, and three of us could get together in Tokyo again. How wonderful!
We had worked together at the Andean Amazonian Pavilion of Expo 2005 for 6 months and during that time we went to Kyoto together , we went to see the Cirque Du Soleil's Alegria2 , and so on.
We talked about many interesting stories we have shared before. One of the most interesting stories was about the signal in Venezuela. When I was there, my friend drove the car in spite of the red light. I asked why. They said in Venezuela, nobody cares about the light.
Today I asked what the red light means. They laughed and said "Everything is the same, green: go, yellow: go fast, and red: go with care. We laughed and laughed.
I like the humor of people from different culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment