Saturday, April 17, 2010

四月十六日(shigatsu jyuroku nichi): April 16

It was a very cold rainy day again. Depends on the place it even snowed.

I had the Washington State University Alumni Reception in Tokyo tonight. It was held at the 28th floor of the Hyatt Regency Tokyo in Shinjuku starting at 7:00 PM. This seemed the second reunion in Japan. Last time they said there were nearly 100 people. But this year maybe about 50 people joined. Alumni Reception is dosokai (同窓会) in Japanese.

I was an exchange student at WSU when I was a graduate school student in 1996. I only studied there for one year but it was a wonderful experience for me.

Before going to the reunion, I only knew one person who would attend, but through the party I could talk with several people and get to know each other. It was fun to know people from different back ground but who shared a kind of same experience.

I hope to keep in touch with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment