Sunday, January 21, 2018

2018.1.21

It was fine.

I went to Yokohama to attend a new year's party which I was invited by my kimono friend. I have never been to Center Kita station on Yokohama City subway. Venue was a few minute walk from the station. It was held at a Scandinavia Home. There were about 40 people or so attended. I did not know anything about the house but they have a warm flooring and I stayed there barefoot for all day long. They have a sauna and other special rooms to heal.

Not only eating and drinking, but also there were many programs. I enjoyed pounding to make rice cakes most. There were many different ways to eat rice cakes such as soy sauce with sugar, with seaweed, with red bean paste, with green pea paste, with sesami powder, with soy bean powder with sugar and so on.
The rice cakes were warm, soft and very tasty.
I have seen pounding rice cakes which is called mochitsuki (餅つき) many times, but this was the first time for me to do it by myself.

It was a nice experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment