Saturday, January 20, 2018

2018.1.20

It was cloudy.

Today is daikan (大寒), one of nijyushisekki (二十四節気), the 24 solar terms.  Last one was shokan (小寒) on Jan. 6 and the next one is risshun (立春) on Feb.4.
Daikan means big cold. This is the coldest season.

Today I went to see a movie "Destiny  Kamakura Story" in Yokohama. I did not know about this movie but on Jan.1 my kimono teacher said she was interested in this movie because the location is Kamakura where is a familiar place for Kanagawa residents. And recently my friend wrote about it on Facebook. It was interesting.

Then I went to Shinagawa to see somebody. Before going to the venue I have happened to find a shrine so that I visited there. I have been to the area many times but not realized about it until today.

I had a meeting with a young successful businessman and asked everything I wanted to clear.

Then I went shopping. When I broke my favorite difuser, I once thought of throwing away, but tried using and knew it was still able to use. Therefore I ordered the glass part and it arrived at the shop this week. It cost yen 2000 and I bought it by the points. I am very glad to do so.

Tonight's main event was a meeting and New Year's Party for the high school great reunion. It's been 4 years since the first reunion after high school graduation. Every four years we decided to have a great reunion. And this is the year to have it. There got together 17 organizers from 10 classes.  From my class there were five and the most.  We were glad to have decided the date, venue, and price. We enjoyed eating and drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment