Monday, January 8, 2018

2018.1.8


It was cloudy in the day time but became cold rain in the evening.

It is a national holiday called Seijin no hi (成人の日), Coming of Age Day. It used to be on January 15, but has become on the second Monday of January to have a longer vacation. In Japan being 20 means to be adult who are allowed to smoke and drink. Voting age became 18 since 2016.
On this day each municipaity has a memorial service. Women usually wear the long-sleeved kimono called furisode (振り袖) which is very expensive and gorgeous.

This is the last day of my winter vacation.

I went to Okachimachi to attend the new year meeting and CEO's lecture of JMOA. This was the first time to hear the CEO 's speech. 
There was about an hour until the party.
So I visited Bentendo (弁天堂) and Daikokuten(大黒天) at Shinobazunoike and went shopping.
At the party I happened to be seated to the next to the CEO. I felt very lucky to be able to speak with him.

Around me there were two fortnune tellers, and they checked my fortune in many ways. It was very interesting.
I had a very good time to have talked with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment