Monday, January 1, 2018

2018.1.1

Happy New Year!!

It was very fine and beautiful today.

I got up early to see the first sun rise called hatsuhinode (初日の出). I usually go to see it  at Miurakaigan beach.
But this time I went up to a nearby hill and saw the beautiful sun rise. I am glad to see both sunrise and Mt. Fuji.

Then I went to a nearby shrine for the first visit which is called hatsumode (初詣).

Today New Year's cards which is called nengajyo (年賀状) were delivered very early. Thank you those who sent me.
I was very happy to get them. I realize I have met so many people in my life, from school, from work, from travel, from relatives, and so on.

Then I went to Kimono-style Miya to have hair-set and dressed up.  I was the first person to be taken care of today.

We ate the special new year's dishes called osechiryori (御節料理) and we went to Iseyamakotaijingu (伊勢山皇大神宮) shrine for hatsumode.
I asked the special red stamp called goshuin (御朱印), and my waiting number was No.1. I felt very lucky.

I also visited Naritasan (成田山) temple and seven lucky gods (shichifukujin 七福神) of Noge (野毛).

Then I went to a bookstore to buy "my book" which looks like the real pocket-size book but actually it is a diary of the owner of the book. I have written my books so many years. So I am glad to get the one today to start writing today.

I went to the ATMs of many banks. They used to close at the beginning and ending of the year which is called Nenmatsunenshi (年末年始) but these days they have become available for 24/7 which is really convenient.

I had a good start of 2018 and hope to have one of the best years of my life.

I wish you a very happy healthy prosperous new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment