Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020 1 1

Happy New Year!

Akemashite omedeto gozaimasu (明けましておめでとうございます。)

How are you spending the New Year?

After becoming the new year, I went to the nearby shrine for the first visit of the year. This is called hatsumode (初詣). They offered the red and white good luck rice cakes (kaiun kohaku mochi: 開運紅白餅) and sake called omiki (お神酒).

In the early morning I went to see the first sun rise which is called hatsu hinode (初日の出). It was cloudy and I could not see the rising sun from the sea but I saw the sunshine between clouds which was very beautiful.

After coming home I ate ozoni (お雑煮), rice cake soup which I made with the ones I got at the shrine and osechi ryori (お節料理) which are special dishes for the new years.

The pleasure of the New Year's Day is New Year's cards which is called nengajo (年賀状). They are posted before Christmas. I sent & received some messages from SNS. It is good to communicate with those who have formed my life.

I watched the DVDs of the Kimono Fashion Festival in Nijo castle on September 14  and 15 last year finally.

It was a relaxing nice start of the new year.





No comments:

Post a Comment