Sunday, February 18, 2018

2018.2.18

It was fine.

I went to the Kimono-style Miya to have my pictures taken in the morning.

Then I headed for Meguro to attend the JOI almuni luncheon. It is a knid of annual reunion because at this time of the year JOI coordinators' selection is held and the related members in charge in the USA come to Japan for interview.

I was one of the 5th year coordinators and dispatched at the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach,  Florida for two years from 2006 to 2008.
This was a kind of volunteer work to be a grass-roots ambassador.
Each site is different. Be flexible. Have fun! These were the lessons I learned from this program.
Every coordinator has valuable experiences which enriched our lives.
I am so grateful to be a part of this program and have worked at the Morikami and met so many people.

About 20 people got together today and we enjoyed delicious foods and chatting.

I left a little bit earlier to meet somebody in Meguro and Shinagawa.

On my way I visited two shrines.

Then I went to Sugita.

It was a rather busy day but I enjoyed seeing many people.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment