Sunday, February 11, 2018

2018.2.11

It is a national holiday called Kenkokukinen no hi (建国記念の日), National Foundation Day. Since it fell on Sunday, we have a transferred holiday tomorrow.
That is we are in the three day weekend.

The day before yesterday I came home by taxi, so my car has been at the parking lot. Therefore I had to walk to the station.
There is a cherry blossom festival in my area from Feb. 5 to March 5, and I decided to go to Miurakaigan station by seeing the cherry blossom festival on my way.

Compared to last year at the same time, it seems fewer blossoms were in bloom.
But at my garden I found some butterbar sprouts and felt spring is coming.

It was fine when I walked to the station.
In the evening it became cloudy.

On the train I happened to see a mother of my student. We enjoyed talking for more than one hour up to Shinagawa and said goodbye there.

Then I went to Yoyogi to attend a seminar with my friend.

After the seminar we looked for a tea room, but could not find any attractive place. So we decided to go to eat Vietnamese foods. On our way we happened to find the very attractive ads saying only yen 29 for a dish of raw blowfish called Tessa (てっさ) which usually costs more than yen1000. So we decided to go there. Blowfish is fugu (河豚) in Japanese. That restaurant offers yen 29 dish every year around this time because of February 9 which is the day of fugu, blowfish.  2 is read as fu, and 9 is read as ku. So Feb.9 is 2.9 and it is a day of fugu.
We enjoyed the dish and sweets very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment