Thursday, February 1, 2018

2018.2.1

A new month has started. February is nigatsu (2月), the second month or kisaragi (如月).

I visited two shirines as usual before going to work, one near house, the other near office as a routine of the first day of the month which is called otsuitachimairi (お朔日参り).

It was fine & cloudy in the morning but started raining around noon. It is very cold, and it is said to be snow again tonight.

I am glad it was not raining last night to see the beautiful super blue blood moon.

At lunch time I went out with my colleague. We went to the pasta restaurant which is very close from the office. It is very popular and I tried to book before but they said they would not accept booking at lunch time. Therefore I have wanted to go there since that time. They have a unique system. They offer yen 300 discount to those who work around the restaurant if you show the company ID.  After checking out they offer either soft ice cream or cup of drinks. You could choose different kind of pasta, ingredients, toppings or dressing, ingredients, toppings of salad.
I wanted to order the sea urchin taste pasta which looked the most expensive, but there was no discount.
After all I chose the seafood tomato sause pasta set. Set menu includes a drink and bread. There were many different kinds of drinks both hot and cold and it is rather difficult to choose just one.
When the waiter brought my friend's dish first, he brought the big pepper grinder. It was about 1 meter long. So I asked him to take a picture.
When he brought my dish, he offered us apron which was very nice of him.
After checking out, I wanted to get soft ice cream, but the cup was too small and it looked very difficult to put soft ice cream there, moreover it was cold rain outside, I decided to get a cup of peach tea today.
It was a nice experience.

They say today is one of the best days of this year to start something. Are there anything you started today?

No comments:

Post a Comment