Sunday, May 31, 2015

2015.5.31

It was fine.
Today is the last day of May.

I came to Nagano (長野) to see the last event of Gokaicho (御開帳) of the Zenkoji (善光寺) temple. Gokaicho is to open the door for the main statue and it happens in every seventh year.  This year it was 57 days from Sunday, April 5 to May 31.
During this period there were many special events. 
There were so many people today and to receive goshuin (御朱印), the red stamps it took three hours.   

I visited there with my friend and her daughter.  I met her in Germany in the winter of 1992 for the first time and at the Nagano Olympic in 1998 next. So it's been 17 years since we met last and this was the first time for me to see her daughter who  is 10 years old. Her father is French and she is so cute.
We could only spend time together for a few hours, but we are glad to see each other again.

At night I enjoyed the local foods and onsen (温泉), hot spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment