Sunday, May 10, 2015

2015.5.10

It was very fine and hot.

Today is Mother's Day.
But it is also my mother's 13th death anniversary.
If she is still fine and alive, I believe I travel this Shikoku 88 temples pilgrimage and Koyasan visit with her. Because she is the one that told me about goshuincho (御朱印帳), red stamp notebook. And if my memory is correct, I bought the same one at Eiheiji (永平寺) temple last year. 

Today I had an early start to attend a morning service from 6 to chant sutra.   After that I could see a beautiful garden from the main temple of Fukuchiin.
After breakfast I visited the Tokugawa family mausoleum, Daimon (大門) big gate, Danjo  Garan (壇上伽藍: Kondo (金堂) Konpon Daito(根本大塔), Kongobuji(金剛峯寺), and Reihokan (霊宝館)  and so on.  At Kondo there was a special exhibition of the principal Buddhist image after 80 years.

There was a special music service at Kondo from noon, and there were thousands of audience there.
I happened to see one of my friends who is a photographer and came there to work.

On my way back there were so many people that I could not get a bus and I could not take the train I planned to and came back by local train.

In Osaka I met one of my friends who recently got married and moved to Osaka to have dinner.

We enjoyed the beautiful night view from the sky garden and dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment