Thursday, October 11, 2012

2012.10.10

It used be a national holiday called "taiiku no hi(体育の日)" Health and Sports Day, and it is supposed to be fine always. Therefore many schools or cities have athletic meeting called "undokai (運動会)" around this time.  And many couples tend to get married on this day too.  One of my best friends from high school also got married on this day many years ago. 
Today I went to my friend's Japanese-style restaurant in Miami where I have wanted to go for 4 years.  Foods were all delicious.  I enjoyed everything.  
Have you ever hard "san dai chinmi (三大珍味)" the three biggest rare tastes?   Japanese peole like to think of best 3 in many things.  San dai chinmi are uni (ウニ): salt-pickled sea urchin roe, karasumi (カラスミ): salt-pickled mullet roe, and konowata (このわた): pickled sea cucumber innards.  I could eat all of them tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment