Friday, October 19, 2012

2012.10.18

It was cloudy and started raining and it was rather cool.
I woke up early because of the boom of mosquito but slept again and got up later than usual.  When I saw my face, it seemed a mosquito bit my right eyelid and it was swelling and I felt shocked.  It became bigger  when I got to the office, and my colleagues were surprised to see my face and worried and advised to see the eye doctor being afraid of something bad such as sty.  So I decided to go to see the eye doctor at the  nearby hospital after lunch time taking one hour off.  It was not sty, perhaps mosquito bite or something as I thought.  Since I did not have any letter of introduction from other doctor, it cost yen 3,000 for the first visit fee plus doctor's fee (yen 1,310) .  He prescribed two medicines which cost yen 540.   I felt how normal is important and the eye doctor is a tough job because even though how funny face the patient is, he can't laugh at.  I hope my eyelid's swelling will be gone soon.
Ophthalmology is ganka (眼科) in Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment