Friday, October 12, 2012

2012.10.11

In Japan we write the date from year, then month, and  day.  So it is 2012. 10.11 today.  However in the USA, people write the date from month, then day, and year, therefore today is 10.11.12.  Isn't it interesting?
This morning I went to the post office to send my books to my friends in CA and Texas.  There was the same officer in that post office as I used to go there 4 years ago.
I visited the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens where I have worked for 2 years from August 2006 to July 2008.  There are still many people I know, but there are some people whom I do not know too. 
In the evening I had nice diner with my first host family and neighbors.
I am glad to see them all again and deliver my first book in person. 
At night I went to Walmart to shop.  Inside was quite different from what I knew 4 years ago.  I did not know it is open for 24 hours.  There were so many Halloween candies sold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment