Saturday, October 13, 2012

2012.10.12

I had lunch with an ex-colleague who helped me to get car insurance while I was here in 2006 to 2008.  We went to a Greek restaurant and enjoyed the reunion.  Especially the story of her mother-in-law was attractive.  She got married at the age of 83 again with a younger man of 76 and lived up to more than 100 years old.  She was fine until a few weeks before she passed away.  And she played golf until 90 years or so.  Isn't that amazing?
In Japan women's average life expectancy is around 87 or so.  I have never heard that Japanese women get married again at the age like that.

2 comments:

  1. Kimiko
    Lunch was delicious indeed. And it is nice to see your blog about it. Thank you again for your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sharon,
      Thank you for lunch. I am glad to see you again. I feel like writing about unknown amazing women's book after hearing your mother-in-law's story. What do you think?

      Delete