Sunday, October 7, 2012

2012.10.6

My first day of the summer vacation was very long.  Because I left Narita at 16:35 and flew to Chicago for more than 11 hours but it is still on the same day of 13:49 and waited for the flight to New York for 1 hour 40 minutes (actually arrived 40 minutes earlier and departed about 1 hour late so it was more than 3 hours there) and flew to Newark for more than 2 hours and arrived there about 1 hour delay because the plane had a bad problem with flap and there were fire trucks when we landed there!
Then I went to Manhattan taking NJ transit and subway to see Ms. Beate Sirota Gordon.  I felt sorry arriving too late but we had a very good time together.  Then I returned to Newark by the same route and waited for the next flight at 6:10 to Miami which took about 3 hours.  I saw the very beautiful sunrise from the plane.  At Miami I missed the shuttle bus and the train so I called my best friend to come to pick me up which was much better.  We enjoyed the reunion.
It was chilly and slightly raining in Chicago, fine in New York, and very hot in sunny Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment