Sunday, May 6, 2012

2012.5.5

May 5 is a national holiday called kodomo no hi (こどもの日), Children's day. It was very fine today. I met many people today. In the morning I saw one of my students whom I taught so many years ago. We have not seen each other for a long time, but I remembered her very well. From 11 AM to 13:30PM I had a meeting, then I had another meeting for lunch. Then I met a couple whom I have wanted to see for a long time for 30 minutes. I gave them my book and he gave me his book in return. Then I had a party to commemorate my birthday and publishing the first book with friends at a cafe in Shinjuku (新宿) from 16:00 to 18:00. There came about 20 people or so. To my glad the publisher sent me a big flower basket. I shared the story why I decided to publish the book. Then I went to Shibuya (渋谷) to meet one of my teachers. We went to the newly opened spot called "Hikarie
(ヒカリエ)." He also celebrated my birthday and publishing. I am so glad to have such nice people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment