Thursday, May 17, 2012

2012.5.16

It was fine today.
In the morning I went to MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to attend the workshop presentation session of the Philippines university students.  I always feel their presentation skill is very good.  Japanese school does not have a course of practice presentation nor debate.  So we should have those courses too.
In the afternoon I took Shinkansen (新幹線), the bullet train to come to Osaka (大阪).  It's been about 10 months since I came here last.  I was surprised to know that there were more stations stopped even I took the Hikari (ひかり号:hikarigo) train.  The Nozomi (のぞみ号:nozomigo) train is the fastest, the Hikari is the next, and the Kodama (こだま号:kodamago) is the slowest and stops each station. But the Hikari also stopped many stations which I have never noticed before.
I had a meeting with a colleague in a branch office and came to the hotel.  At the Umeda (梅田) station I could see one of my old friend from Expo '92 and gave him my book.  Unfortunately he did not have time for dinner.
After checked in the hotel, I asked them the good restaurant nearby and I went there for dinner.  Osaka is very famous for good foods and called Tenka no daidokoro (天下の台所), the kitchen of the world.  There are some famous foods but since they recommended me to go to eat Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き), kinds of pancake with meat and cabbage.  I went to the one named Tengu (てんぐ).  I ate and drank what I have never had before and enjoyed talking with a master.

No comments:

Post a Comment